How exactly to be mentally prepared for the driver’s license test.
You have received all the necessary training and have now acquired all of the familiarity with safe driving aided by the K53 method, nonetheless it may all be in vain if you’re not mentally prepared.
On concluding your training at our driving school, you simply will not only desire to pass the licensing test, but may have the confidence to know you will pass it.
- Make absolutely certain that you receive top quality tuition from a qualified and experienced driving instructor, and discover a school with good standing. Quality varies in most professions. Just as all doctors or lawyers are not all the equally skilled, skills change from driving school to driving school. Many driving schools use inexpert instructors. We pride ourselves on having instructors with several years of experience. Our driving school has a desire for offering the best. We are ready to pay our instructors more to steadfastly keep up the very best quality staff. This might reflect within our fees, but to quote the old adage: “If you pay peanuts, you will get monkeys. “
- I’ve been an instructor for almost 20 years, and also have dealt with all types of clients. Almost all of my clients begin with scratch, and are also complete novice drivers. People all react differently to stress. Sometimes, despite spending many hours with a customer, I discover that at the time regarding the test the client’s personality appears to change completely and I also get the feeling that I don’t know the client after all.
- In working with tension some clients may laugh, some cry, some show signs of aggression or anxiety, and lots of other reactions. I once had a client that has taken a lot of calming medication. Once we got to the testing centre, she was struggling to speak properly while the test had to be cancelled. Taking calming medication may help, but take into account that an excessive amount of may be detrimental. Driving while impaired of medication, prescription or not, could be an offence!
Keep consitently the following tips in mind
(Considering that you have had quality training with a good driving instructor):
- RELY ON YOURSELF
- FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS
- BE FRIENDLY TO YOUR TESTING OFFICER
- Should you feel nervous during the test, and fear you are becoming “blank”, stop what you yourself are doing and look around. Concentrate on something different, e.g. make an effort to identify different colors. Take a breath and considercarefully what you are suppose to be doing. Then continue.
- DO EVERYTHING DETAIL BY DETAIL e.g. if you are busy with ally docking:
- Do your mirror, mirror blind spot (perfect and slow)
- Choose your gear (make certain it really is properly in gear therefore the right gear)
- Clutch control with the hands still regarding the steering
- Observation (5-point check) starting from the exact opposite side of exactly what your indicator is indicating to
- Then only release your handbrake.
Remember when you stop, that your observations ought to be done properly. Make sure you get clutch control every time. Keep in mind that if you’re not seen to execute your observations appropriately you loose five points. If you don’t get proper clutch control while the vehicle rolls, you will not get the license. However, invest the to long at a stop or traffic light you will only loose one point for WAITING TO LONG (WTL).
- Try to stay in calm and take control of your emotions. Be slow out of the blocks (don’t accelerate too quickly), and change your gears slowly. The testing officer must feel safe and secure with you.
- I’m not suggesting which you keep too low a speed either, as you might also loose points for driving too slowly.
- Follow these steps and you’ll enhance your likelihood of passing your license.
ALL THE BEST AND SAY TO YOURSELF:
”I’M ABLE TO DO THIS”
Make certain you read our full article about Driving Schools in Pretoria!