REHAB CENTER INTAKE
- Your first day in treatment, which consist of rehab center intake, ought to be the easiest day of one’s treatment. Here is the day to have settled in, learn where everything is and find out what exactly is expected of you. You are asked many questions pertaining to your addiction and treatment. Be prepared to answer them as honestly as you possibly can and cooperate fully aided by the staff.
- The intake process generally starts with the very first phone call you make into the treatment facility. Ask as numerous questions as you possibly can to get a beneficial understanding by what they are doing and also the processes they normally use. One of the most common questions individuals ask is: “What is rehab like?” Whenever you arrive, you are going to most likely meet one-on-one with an avowed counselor. You will be inquired about your drug history and what you are actually likely to accomplish while you are in rehab. It is important to explain when you began using and if there is any issue you had that caused you to definitely begin to use drugs. Inform your counselor about any underlying health conditions that you have. This is especially valid for those who have a psychological disorder or if you are being treated for depression. The counselor will be able to assess the severity of one’s addiction according to your answers to those questions. It also helps the treatment center determine the perfect course of action for your treatment. Each treatment plan is tailored to individuals’ needs centered on their intake information.
- After you speak to a counselor during rehab center intake, you’ll be given a whole physical in order to assess your physical wellness. You’ll be asked to take a detox test, which will determine if you have recently used drugs or alcohol. If you test positive for alcohol and drugs, the first thing within the treatment process will undoubtedly be detox. If you are currently neat and sober, you may go directly to the procedure program. You will end up required to give details about your health background. Allow the medical professional determine if you’ve got any underlying medical issues such as high blood pressure, asthma or hepatitis.
- The facility is going to be responsible for your health care, in addition they might even give you additional testing to gauge your health problems. Give them any prescriptions you’ve got. They are going to keep consitently the medications within the pharmacy at the facility, and they’re going to make sure you get the necessary medications every day. You simply will not be allowed to have them to you. You will meet regularly with physicians who can monitor your problem.
GOING THROUGH YOUR THINGS
- As soon as you meet the required individuals for check-in, you will be taken fully to your room where a counselor is certainly going through your packed bag to you. He or she will check all your valuable belongings to make sure you would not have drugs, alcohol, weapons or other items which are prohibited. Many facilities will need cellphones, computers or other communication devices. It’s always best to check beforehand to see just what items they allow and what things you need to leave home.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
The menu of items which you might be allowed to have whilst in treatment varies from a single facility to another. There are standard things that most facilities will not permit you to have. You are able to ask someone for this information during your rehab center intake or before going. It really is a beneficial idea for you personally know very well what to pack if you are going to rehab.
Types of things you should leave at home include:
- Over-the-counter medications that have now been opened
- Alcohol or drugs
- Bed sheets
- Musical instrumentsv
- Electronic devices
- Excessive makeup or jewelry
- Food or drinks
- Revealing clothing
- T-shirts or any other clothing items that promote drugs or alcohol
- Large amounts of money
Items which you need to bring with you include:
- Seven days’ worth of casual, comfortable clothing
- Current prescriptions
- Laundry supplies
- Hygiene items
- Electric razor
- Shaving cream
- New, unopened, over-the-counter medications
- Alarm clock
- Phone cards
- Once you get checked in, you are given the chance to eat dinner and relax in your room. You may be invited to become listed on in if an organization meeting is in progress. If you require medical assistance, the time has come that it’ll be given.
Make certain you read our full article about Rehab Centres!